Re: Prism54 Driver Project Complete

To: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Prism54 Driver Project Complete
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:01:31 -0500
Cc: prism54-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx, netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jgarzik@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
There still needs to be a central "maintainer" of prism54, someone who sends patches either directly to me, or via Jean to me (maintainer's choice). Ideally, it is best to funnel patches from everybody through driver-maintainer -> subsystem maintainer -> Marcelo|Andrew|Linus. That only breaks down when the driver or subsystem maintainer is too slow, and doesn't follow the "release early, release often" precept :)

Open source is about lack of control, and trusting that community and consensus will produce superior software over the long run... but lack of control doesn't mean lack of organization :)

        Jeff