RFC: network device management doc draft

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RFC: network device management doc draft
From: Jean Tourrilhes <jt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:10:18 -0800
Address: HP Labs, 1U-17, 1501 Page Mill road, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
Cc: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>, "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>, David Hinds <dahinds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@xxxxxxxx>
E-mail: jt@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
        Hi,

        I'm currently working on a documentation on how to manage
network interfaces. This is the result of my migration away from the
old Pcmcia scripts. Nothing earth shattering, but the combination of
various existing stuff, how to make them work together, and how to
handle any weird network card configuration.
        I value feedback and comments. Before exposing this to average
users, I would like to make sure that the "gurus" nit-pick my
stuff. I'm especially interested in any scenario I might have
overlooked where those techniques would fail.

        The document is at :
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/WIRELESS-HOTPLUG.txt

        Thanks in advance...

        Jean