Regarding 8139 physical identification

To: jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Regarding 8139 physical identification
From: "Krishnakumar. R" <krishnakumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:32:48 +0530
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Becker,

I was trying to implement the physical identification
for the 8139 series cards.
For this I need to light the led of the card,
when I need for the purpose of physically identifying it.

After going through the manual, archives
and writing some code, I have found that
the lights of the led cannot be lighted by
writing values to the "Config1" register's led bits.
Neither does manipulating the values in the
"CS" registers results in any led being lit.

What is the way to light the led manually.
I understand that according to the configurations
set the led will light in case of the link, tx, rx etc.
But I want to light the led explicitly.
Is there a way to do it ?

Regards,
KK.