pktgen and timers in 2.6

To: "'netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: pktgen and timers in 2.6
From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:35:45 -0800
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

The pktgen module often wants to sleep for a very short amount of time (1ms, maybe even .01 ms) between sending packets....

Currently, it busy-spins to achieve this delay.

Would the real-time timers in 2.6 allow us to run
pktgen off of timers instead so that we do not need to
sleep or spin?

I have looked around, but I have not been able to find any
docs on the new real-time timer features.  Is there any
documentation for how to use this in kernel modules?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>