Re: Change proxy_arp to respond only for valid neighbours

To: ja@xxxxxx (Julian Anastasov)
Subject: Re: Change proxy_arp to respond only for valid neighbours
From: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:37:38 +0300 (MSK)
Cc: hadi@xxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

Joining the discussion too late, but let me to reformulate original
Jamal's question in another way: are you aware that you relay _broadcast_
ARP requests doing the validation?

I really like the idea, but this aspect bothers me a lot. Is it not storm
unsafe? Look, earlier broadcasts on outgoing interface started only when
a real unicast IP traffic was pending, so we were sure sender selected some
single proxy router, now broadcasts will be sent by _all_ the routers. See?

Alexey