Re: Conntrack leak (2.6.2rc2)

To: Steve Hill <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Conntrack leak (2.6.2rc2)
From: Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:48:55 +0100 (CET)
Cc: <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Steve Hill wrote:

> Just to confirm, you have your network set up like:
>
>     [ Machine 1 ]----[ Machine 2 ]----[Machine 3]
>
> Machines 1 and 3 are running the 2.4 kernel for me, but that shouldn't be
> important.
> Machine 2 is running 2.6.2rc2.

I created exactly the same setup (machine 1 and 3 are UMLs) and could not
reproduce the problem. tcpdump shows that machine 1 sends fragmented ICMP
echo requests and machine 3 sends ICMP echo reply back. On machine 2,
ip_conntrack_max is lowered to 10, still there is no problem after
hundreds of pings.

Do you have any extra patch applied on the top of 2.6.2rc2?

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx