Re: [ANNOUNCE] Porting MPLS-Linux to 2.6 (2.6.0-test9-bk22) comments wel

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Porting MPLS-Linux to 2.6 (2.6.0-test9-bk22) comments welcome.
From: Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:55:57 +0100
Cc: Ramon Casellas <casellas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mpls-linux-general@xxxxxx, "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:26:34PM -0500, jamal wrote:
> Did you actually talk to James Leu before embarking on this rather
> valiant effort? If you did he may have warned you that the code was
> being rewritten from scratch. The code rewrite belongs to Dave Miller;
> i am adding user space support. James has been invited to look at that
> code once it is deemed working. If you want to be on the list as well,
> let me know. I am sure you as will James will both have valuable input.

now that is interesting.  I have a working patch for adding netfilter
hooks to the old MPLS stack.  If your rewrite doesn't yet have some,
I'll gladly add them.

I also have a working implementation of the draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-01
based on the netfilter hooks for James Leu's MPLS implementation, btw.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/