Re: Fw: [BUG/PATCH] CONFIG_NET_HW_FLOWCONTROL and SMP

To: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fw: [BUG/PATCH] CONFIG_NET_HW_FLOWCONTROL and SMP
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:47:40 -0400
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, dfages@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Robert Olsson wrote:

Jeff Garzik writes:
> > If someone had a NAPI patch for tulip, we could remove HW_FLOWCONTROL > option altogether :)

Hello!
Here is something for 2.6.0-test6:

* ifdef's to keep current non-NAPI tulip intact

* Port based on Alexey's orig NAPI tulip design
  (Only RX handled by dev->poll)

* tulip HW_FLOW removed

* NAPI and HW-mitigation options in Kconfig

Looks great to me. I'll give it some testing here, and 99% likely will apply it.

Andrew, would you be willing to merge this into -mm for some simultaneous netwide testing?

FWIW, I seem to recall that the older NAPI patch you sent didn't apply for some reason. But forget about that, this one looks good.

        Jeff