Re: Réf. : Fw: [BUG/PATCH] CONFIG_NET_HW_FLOWCONTROL and SMP

To: dfages@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Réf. : Fw: [BUG/PATCH] CONFIG_NET_HW_FLOWCONTROL and SMP
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:08:27 -0700
Cc: Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx, akpm@xxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:07:28 +0200
dfages@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Yes, I know that but, for the moment, I've to keep my 2.4.19 kernel
> (so without NAPI).  I've also ported the e1000 driver to
> HW_FLOWCONTROL. Some people may be happy to use it...

I agree to adding the bug fix, it's a bug fix and for code we can't
remove from the 2.4.x series at this point.

I don't agree to adding usage of this deprecated feature to any
drivers shipped in the kernel.  If you're going to invest time into
making this kind of improvement, invest it in a NAPI port.

So I'll add your bug fix, thanks.