Re: skb_migrate() / net/atm/ipcommon.c

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: skb_migrate() / net/atm/ipcommon.c
From: chas williams <chas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:17:21 -0400
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
>net/atm/ipcommon.c has a single function in it, skb_migrate which
>looks pretty generic and his this comment ontop of it:
>
> *
> * This function should live in skbuff.c or skbuff.h.
> *
>
>So does this comment make sense, should it go into common code
>(and kill the major ugliness in net/atm/Makefile :))

i am fairly sure this function will go away in the future.
its used to move an existing skb_queue to a new queue, so
the queue can be 're-processed'.  it seems to me that it
might be easier to just find the current tail of the queue
and process the queue to that point instead of copying to a
new list.  its on that list of things to do.