2.6.0-test4, 2.5.47, child qdiscs, parent not filled out?

To: devik@xxxxxx
Subject: 2.6.0-test4, 2.5.47, child qdiscs, parent not filled out?
From: bert hubert <ahu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 12:28:03 +0200
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Devik (I hope we can be friends again :-)), others,

I'm currently working on the wondershaper 2.0 which is going to be much more
a massmarket product (still GPL, no worries), and I'm wondering why the
parent field of child qdiscs isn't filled out?

If I create a cbq with several classes, and attach a qdisc to those classes,
a later netlink dump (RTM_GETQDISCS) returns parent as 0:0 for that qdisc,
is this right?

Same holds for HTB and child qdiscs. Basically, I can't find a way to figure
out where qdiscs are actually attached. Or should I look for that in xstats?

Thanks.