Re: netdev_ops?

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: netdev_ops?
From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:30:10 -0700
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
David S. Miller wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:06:04 -0700
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Any progress towards getting the netdev_ops into 2.4?

I have several patches that would benefit (in that no new ioctls
would be needed) if this goes in.

If anything, it's going to go into 2.6.x first, and then backported
to 2.4.x after it's had a few months of testing and tweaking.

Any interest in a lower-risk netdev-ops lite?  I have a relatively
ugly little patch that will allow me to handle certain ETHTOOL ioctls in
dev.c's ioctl handling code.  Ugly, but short, and very little chance of
breaking anything else....

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>