Re: networking bugs and bugme.osdl.org

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>, greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: networking bugs and bugme.osdl.org
From: "Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:15:50 -0700
Cc: davidel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
--"David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote (on Friday, June 27, 2003 17:00:22
-0700):

>    From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:36:30 -0700
>
>    So, you'd be happy so long as bugz sent mail to the netdev mailing
>    lists instead of to you?
>
> The best power I have to scale is the delete key in my email
> reader, when I delete an email it's gone and that's it.
>
> bugme bugs don't have this attribute, they are like emails that
> persist forever until someone does something about them, and this is
> the big problem I have with it.

Right ... but if bugs were sent to netdev or whatever, you'd get
something similar to what you have today, as long as *you* don't
go looking in bugme (which you've made it clear you won't). Other
people seem to find this useful, and they can still go use it if
they like.

So presumably that'd work out OK?

M.