Re: Route cache performance under stress

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Route cache performance under stress
From: Jamal Hadi <hadi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:36:06 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Florian,
I actually asked you to run some tests last time you showed up
on netdev but never heard back. Maybe we can get some results now
that the complaining is still continuing. Note, we cant just invent
things because "CISCO is doing it like that". That doesnt cut it.
What we need is data to substantiate things and then we move from there.

And oh, i am pretty sure we can beat any of the BSDs forwarding rate.
Anyone wants a duel, lets meet at the water fountain by the town
hall at sunrise.

cheers,
jamal