RE: Why was the /proc info removed from e1000 ?

To: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Why was the /proc info removed from e1000 ?
From: "Feldman, Scott" <scott.feldman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:26:06 -0800
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> I just noticed in the latest changelog that the /proc
> support was removed from the e1000 driver?  I always
> found this usefull...any reason why it was deleted?

Because the information that was exported to /proc is available through
standard interfaces such as ethtool, pciutils, etc.

ethtool -i eth<x> associates eth<x> with PCI bus:dev.func, so you should
be able to find what you need starting there.  Also note that ethtool -S
support was added for netdev stats.

If you find something missing, let's talk about an alternative.

-scott