Re: [patch/bk] remove scm_cookie parameter to send/recvmsg

To: bcrl@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [patch/bk] remove scm_cookie parameter to send/recvmsg
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:14:16 -0800 (PST)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
   From: Benjamin LaHaise <bcrl@xxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:17:55 -0500

   +            memset(&scm, 0, sizeof(scm));
                init_sync_kiocb(&iocb, NULL);
                si = kiocb_to_siocb(&iocb);
                si->sock = sock;
   -            si->scm = &si->async_scm;
   +            si->scm = &scm;
                si->msg = &kern_msg;
                si->size = total_len;
                si->flags = user_flags;
                memset(si->scm, 0, sizeof(*si->scm));

We're now memset()'ing it twice?  :)  I think the first
memset isn't needed, and this makes the code consistent with
the other places this logic is duplicated.

Otherwise the patch is fine, please fix this stuff up and
resubmit, thanks.