Re: snd_cwnd drawn and quartered

To: wa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Werner Almesberger)
Subject: Re: snd_cwnd drawn and quartered
From: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:54:12 +0300 (MSK)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, chengjin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

> http://www.almesberger.net/misc/quarter.eps

So... recovery is supposed to terminate when snd.una reaches 100
(snd.nxt at beginning of fast retransmit). In this case cwnd would
be orig_cwnd/2, as expected. But it did not stop! Hence, something
extraordinary happened while recovery, which resulted in the second recovery.
But I do not understand why snd_ssthresh was not shrinken too.
All this smells like a bug. I do not see from the picture
what was this. Can you make a pseudo-tcpdump instead of picture?

Alexey