Re: sendfile64() anyone? (was [RESEND] tuning linux for high network per

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sendfile64() anyone? (was [RESEND] tuning linux for high network performance?)
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:07:36 +0200
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday 24 October 2002 12:47, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 03:30, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > Are there any plans of implementing sendfile64() or sendfile() support
> > for -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64?
>
> This is old hat, and appears in every current vendor kernel I am
> aware of and is in 2.5.x as well.

then where can I find these patches? I cannot use 2.5, and I usually try to
stick with an official kernel.

and - if this patch has been around all this time...

        why isn't it in the official kernel yet?

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester
ProntoTV AS - http://www.pronto.tv/

Computers are like air conditioners.