Re: tulip NAPI patch that works with 2.4.20-pre9 or so?

To: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: tulip NAPI patch that works with 2.4.20-pre9 or so?
From: Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:37:26 -0700
Cc: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
jamal wrote:
Theres a 2419 patch that should work for you at:
http://www.cyberus.ca/~hadi/tulip-2419-napi-nifd.gz

Link does not work for me.  But I got Robert's patch to
work with a small bit of hacking...  (I changed HZ to 1000
and it locked up 10 seconds after I started (pkts were sent,
but nothing received on any port).  However, I restarted,
and it ran all night with very few dropped packets...)

Also pick a small patch on top of this at:
http://www.cyberus.ca/~hadi/patch-napi-tulip-20020915

Does not work either...

Now if you wanna get adventorous why not pick:
http://www.cyberus.ca/~hadi/tulip-feed.tgz
You still need that second patch;

Do you have any descriptions of what this feed patch does differently
from other drivers?

In addition to solve your skb problem pick Roberts latest
recycling patch at:
ftp://robur.slu.se/pub/Linux/net-development/skb_recycling/recycle12.pat
The driver i pointed to above has skb-recycling built in.

I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

Ben

--