Re: Patch: Idea for RFC2863 conform OperStatus

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Patch: Idea for RFC2863 conform OperStatus
From: bert hubert <ahu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:38:55 +0200
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 03:23:53PM +0200, Stefan Rompf wrote:

> +CONFIG_LINKWATCH
> +  When this option is enabled, the kernel will forward changes in the
> +  operative ("RUNNING") state of an interface via the netlink socket.
> +  This is most useful when running linux as a router.

I know people who would kill for this feature. So powers that be, please
consider merging.

Is there no quick way of getting all cards using the MII stuff to support
this in one go? mii-diag seems to work on most cards already?

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services