Re: Patch: Idea for RFC2863 conform OperStatus

To: <kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Patch: Idea for RFC2863 conform OperStatus
From: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:30:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

Look at RFC 2863 section 3.1.12; there is some description on operational
status. At the moment the only status is IFF_RUNNING in the ifi_flags.
So the question was could we use ifi_change to send the other pieces of
info (as per RFC 2863)  and as implemented in Stefans patch?
If not, could we take advantage of that pad in the ifinfomsg? This should
not break any backward compatibility.

cheers,
jamal