Re: Early SPECWeb99 results on 2.5.33 with TSO on e1000

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Early SPECWeb99 results on 2.5.33 with TSO on e1000
From: Gerrit Huizenga <gh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:57:39 -0700
Cc: Martin.Bligh@xxxxxxxxxx, hadi@xxxxxxxxxx, tcw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, niv@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: netdev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
In message <20020906.113448.07697441.davem@xxxxxxxxxx>, > : "David S. Miller" w
rites:
>    From: Gerrit Huizenga <gh@xxxxxxxxxx>
>    Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:19:11 -0700
>
> TUX can optimize dynamic content just fine.
>
>    The last I knew was that it could pass it off to another server.

Out of curiosity, and primarily for my own edification, what kind
of optimization does it do when everything is generated by a java/
perl/python/homebrew script and pasted together by something which
consults a content manager.  In a few of the cases that I know of,
there isn't really any static content to cache...  And why is this
something that Apache couldn't/shouldn't be doing?

gerrit