Re: TODO list before feature freeze

To: netfilter-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, netfilter-core@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: TODO list before feature freeze
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:25:28 -0400
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Andi> (case in point: we have at least one report that routing
    Andi> performance breaks down with ip_conntrack when memory size is
    Andi> increased over 1GB on P3s. The hash table size depends on the
    Andi> memory size. The problem does not occur on P4s. P4s have larger
    Andi> TLBs than P3s.)

  That's a non-obvious result.

  I'll bet that most of the memory-size based hash tables in the kernel
suffer from similar problems. A good topic for a paper, I'd say.

]    Internet Security. Have encryption, will travel           |1 Fish/2 Fish [
]  Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |Red F./Blow F [
]mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto [
]    At the far end of some dark fiber - wait that's dirt!     |for everyone  [