Re: NAPI for eepro100

To: Zhang Fuxin <fxzhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NAPI for eepro100
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:00:00 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@xxxxxxxxxxx, saw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Zhang Fuxin wrote:
hi,all
  Recently i've converted eepro100 driver to use napi,in order to improve
network performance of my poor 150M mips machine. It does eliminate
the interrupt live lock seen before,maintaining a peak throughput under
heavy load.
 In case anybody are interested,i post the patches to the list. They are
3 incremental patchs:
  eepro100-napi.patch is against 2.5.20 eepro100.c and provide basic
napi support

Nifty, I'll take a look at this.

  eepro100-proc.patch is proc file system support adapted from intel's
e100 driver. I am using it for debugging.
eepro100-mips.patch is mips specific patch to make it work(well) for my mips
platform.

Just FWIW I'm not gonna apply these... for the 'proc' patch, that either needs to be moved to ethtool, or we should make a filesystem for net drivers that exports procfs-like inodes. for the 'mips' patch, it looks like the arch maintainer(s) need to fix the PCI DMA support...

        Jeff