Re: RFC: per-socket statistics on received/dropped packets

To: davidsen@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RFC: per-socket statistics on received/dropped packets
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:41:19 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cfriesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   From: Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
   Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:41:16 -0400 (EDT)

     Actually your arguments sound like you have a solution to your problem
   and you want everyone to use it even if it doesn't help them. Have you
   some emotional tie to SNMP, like being an author?

After a comment like this, I have no interest in listening to anything
else you have to say.  I've been maintaining the Linux networking for
5 or more years now, and the most important thing I do is say no to
changes.

Franks a lot,
David S. Miller
davem@xxxxxxxxxx