RE: dst cache overflow 2.2.x; x>=16

To: "Milam, Chad" <Chad_Milam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: dst cache overflow 2.2.x; x>=16
From: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:27:05 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Milam, Chad wrote:

> the fact that i am using 2.2 is stated in the subject line. i did neglect to
> put it explicitly put it in the message (sorry).  it is, however, also
> diff/patch file.

I apologize. I spent all my time rambling to you based on 2.4 code ;-<

> I also do not think that nuking valid routes in the cache will produce any
> major issues, other than slowing things down for a few seconds.  the cache
> is just the cache, not the real route table. and yes, it pretty much
> guarantees the route cache will be purged, therefore avoiding a reboot and
> avoiding a quickly repeated overflow...

Typically most of the code will check for the dst cache or some
dereferencing within it before using it. I am not sure we can
swear by this ;-> i suppose we will find out when you get an oops ;->
maybe you should just purge the routes marked as expired.

cheers,
jamal