RE: dst cache overflow 2.2.x; x>=16

To: <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: dst cache overflow 2.2.x; x>=16
From: "Milam, Chad" <Chad_Milam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:54:21 -0400
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
I lowered the timeout to make gc more agressive.  Though, it can still
be adjusted via a /proc entry.  Default was 300. Increasing the other
parameters that you specified (which I have done) only delays the
inevitable "dst cache overflow".  The problem is that gc (rather
rt_free) is not decrementing .entries.  So it _thinks_ the table
has overflown.

chad