Re: Opening more than 65000 sockets

To: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Opening more than 65000 sockets
From: Yan-Fa Li <yanfali@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:07:54 -0800 (PST)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

yes I just tried 2.5, it's not a memory problem.  Fails
at the connect() consistently at the same place.  It appears
that TCP source ports are unique across the whole system
not per interface.  I guess my question is, is this the
correct behavior ?  My first guess would have been no,
but obviously empirically I'm wrong.

Thanks

Yan