Re: Dynamic access lists

To: pb@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Bieringer)
Subject: Re: Dynamic access lists
From: anand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (SVR Anand)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:01:45 +0530 (GMT+05:30)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Peter,

Thanks for your response. It is an interesting coincidence that Check Point
is coming up with QoS based on user authentication soon. Not sure if they have
a notion of soft session though, which is important, and useful in my scenario.

The approach I am suggesting is mainly inspired by RSVP, but without any
explicit signaling, and state maintenance in the form of periodic updates.
A simple authentication mechanism with a provision for dynamic updation of
filters within Linux TC, hopefully, is all that is required to accomplish the
intended task. Presently, I am looking at conventional internet access without
any configured VPN.

Anand