Re: IPV6_HOPOPTS

To: Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IPV6_HOPOPTS
From: root <insel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:35:47 +0100
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> Forwarded packets are not delivered to sockets.
>
> Apparently, you want to use Router Alert option, to reserve some ID
> and to instruct a socket to grab the packets using option IPV6_ROUTER_ALERT.

 I see that this is also a candidate for my purpose but as I understood
IPv6 HopByHop-extension-headers they
must be processed by every node (also the forwarding ) along the packets
delivery path.
RFC2292 provides a way of accessing these options and to add new ones to
the ipv6-kernel-stack so there should be a way to get them out of the
kernel-space with somekind of advanced API, maybe I'am wrong???

thanks
    ...axel