Re: IPv6 src address selection rules and 2.2.19

To: pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IPv6 src address selection rules and 2.2.19
From: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 <yoshfuji@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:57:06 +0900
Cc: mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
In article <Pine.LNX.4.33.0111060945570.24198-100000@xxxxxxxxxx> (at Tue, 6 Nov
2001 09:50:26 +0200 (EET)), Pekka Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx> says:

> The same problems as with 2.4; source address selection is .. very simple,
> one could say.  USAGI have implemented new RFC-candidate src address
> selection rules from KAME, and those will hopefully be merged to
> mainstream at some point; I view this as rather important (one reason is
> because 3ffe/2001 vs 2002 selection does not work, which could optimize
> traffic enermously in some cases :-)

Our implimentation done by ourselves (me...); not from KAME.

Anyway, we have a plan to merge our improvements included in our next
stable release, inclding the "double bind" feature and source address
selection algorithms.

Note: we need further enhancements for the source address selection;
      policy label is needed.

--yoshfuji