Re: InterScan NT Alert

To: Ralf Baechle <netdev-owner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: InterScan NT Alert
From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:43:33 -0300 (BRST)
Cc: Lego Andy <me@xxxxxxx>, <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 10:01:43AM -0400, Lego Andy wrote:
>
> > > Receiver, InterScan has detected virus(es) in the e-mail attachment.
> > > File:     TABLAS.doc.com
> > > Action:   clean failed - deleted
> >
> > He... Do not use Windows, I guess...
>
> Sigh...  That's what you get for not babysitting the list for a few hours.
> There was a huge number of copies of this virus still in the queue.  I've
> zapped them so hopefully many subscribers shouldn't see all of this junk.

There's a simple solution to this.  You just do the
babysitting with a small group of people, who have
write access to the set of regexps in CVS:

        http://spamfilter.nl.linux.org/

I managed to keep NL.linux.org fairly clean while
I was away for 3 weeks ;)

cheers,

Rik
--
Executive summary of a recent Microsoft press release:
   "we are concerned about the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

                http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/       http://distro.conectiva.com/