Re: Oops in arp_rcv, patch

To: Jacek Konieczny <jajcus@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Oops in arp_rcv, patch
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:05:58 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx, pld-devel-en@xxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jacek Konieczny writes:
 > -                            neigh_release(n);
 > +                            if (n) neigh_release(n);
 > The buggy code seems unchanged in 2.4.5 kernel.

It looks perfectly fine to me, all neigh_event_ns() return arguments
are checked in the current 2.4.x sources, I don't know what you are
talking about wrt. 2.4.5 since it is fine there too:

                        n = neigh_event_ns(&arp_tbl, sha, &sip, dev);
                        if (n) {
                                neigh_release(n);
                        }
                                n = neigh_event_ns(&arp_tbl, sha, &sip, dev);
                                if (n)
                                        neigh_release(n);

What made you think that 2.4.5 still has the bug?  You must have been
looking at some other source tree.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@xxxxxxxxxx