Re: Linux without IP stack

To: Pekka Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux without IP stack
From: "Maciej 'Agaran' Pijanka" <agaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:50:18 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: NetDevel List <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Pekka Savola wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Maciej 'Agaran' Pijanka wrote:
> > is possible to disable ip stack and have only v6 stack working?
> > i looked a bit in sources but first sit.o should be separed from ipv6.o
> > (when ipv6 is in module)
>
> Impossible at this point.  A lot of code is shared in .. less than obvious
> ways (e.g. tcp, ip toggles in proc, tcp and udp behaviour in general,
> etc.).

but splitting ipv6 into ipv6 and sit is possible now ? (ex i dont want to
have sit at all..)

> It might be interesting if someone came up with a list of dependencies (at
> least at some point in the future), but few people want to use _only_ ipv6
> yet ;-)

khmm first time i tried to have box without ip configured at all.. it
worked.. now i think about disabling tunelling and trying to remove v4
now for test..maybe some day we need that..

--
Maciej 'Agaran' Pijanka <agaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> MAP2-6BONE
i386, Linux 2.2, Pine, Mutt, Slrn, Vi(m), IPv6, Gdb,