Re: regarding Redundancy in TCP / IP Stack

To: sakalra@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: regarding Redundancy in TCP / IP Stack
From: Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:38:56 -0300
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 11:31:07AM +0530, sakalra@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hi david
> it is not that way, we have this project...nothing to start with ...just a pc
> with Linux 6.2 installed
> how to go for that ... i told u .. we am totally novice to the world of linux
> and also time constain is also there
> we are with just 1 months time .

then don't do the project. You may get this to work with a experienced
linux kernel-level networking hacker, but even then one month is unrealistic.

You cannot just assume to learn everything about linux and linux networking
in one month. Forget it.

Most linux kernel hackers (network hackers) have spent years of unix
administration/user-space programming, before they start trying to understand
(and hack) the kernel.

And yes, there is no documentation. There is the sourcecode, and you can
almost conclude anything from it.

> yes, the information i asked for was almost all that  is needed to implement
> that
> but i dont know as to what extend ppl here can help us .

they will assist you in particular questions where you don't understand
a particular piece of sourcecode.

--
Live long and prosper
- Harald Welte / laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx                http://www.gnumonks.org