Can you please point me about where could be problem or may be show me
the way I should dig?
when porting my sbni network driver from 2.2.x to 2.4.x kernel I've got a
dev_alloc_skb (when I creating skb to fill it with packet from
network card) sometimes creates skb with skb->head value
equal to address of my basic device dev structure.
I create dev in my init_module procedure with call
BTW, as i've noticed driver works ok for the first time, but after
I rmmod/insmod it again problem appears.
All the best!
A burnt child dreads the fire.
Granch ltd. Security Analyst
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:58:28 +0100 (BST)
From: Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Yaroslav S. Polyakov <xenon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: dev_alloc_skb / kmalloc proble
> dev_alloc_skb(size) sometimes returns skb where skb->head == dev.
> dev is value I've got with
> dev=kmalloc(sizeof(struct net_device),GFP_KERNEL);
> in my init_module(void) function.
That sounds like a miscompile more than anything
> I think once kmalloced memory should NEVER be kmalloced again if
> not kfree()'ed.
Correct. If it seems to be the net layer talk to netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx but I
suspect what is really going on is not so simple