Re: weird implementation of ipip and sit tunnels

To: <kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: weird implementation of ipip and sit tunnels
From: Pekka Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 01:56:19 +0200 (EET)
Cc: <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 4 Mar 2001 kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >                                                       Or didn't
> > anybody really need this so much as to spend time for doing it "right" ?
>
> The time has been spent several years ago. Keyword is "ip tunnel".

It seems you can only add point-to-point tunnels.  I might want to add
equivalents of /30 too.  You can do this (in the limited fashion, as
described earlier) with ifconfig.

Is there a reason why only P-t-P tunnels can be used with 'ip tunnel' ?

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"