Linux router

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Linux router
From: Rabeeh Khoury <rabeeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 19:19:38 +0200
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I would like to ask about Linux as a router if it has the following functionality -

Is it possible that the kernel routes packets according to the destination port AND the interface where the packet is received from ?

If so, please point me to a documentation regarding it (if available) ; and what it is called in the kernel source tree.

If not, is there any alternatives ways such adding packages to the kernel sources in order to get this functionality ?

Regards,
Rabeeh