Re: zerocopy changes in 3c59x.c

To: Andrew Morton <andrewm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: zerocopy changes in 3c59x.c
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 05:26:18 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andrew Morton writes:
 > tells us that 54 packets have been sent with h/w checksums and this:
 >
 > tells us that they were all multi-fragment.
 >
 > I assume this is because the IP header is in a different frag?

Right, the headers are all in the skb->data buffer and the
application data sits in the SKB frags.

 > Is there ever a situation in which these numbers will differ?

If we allowed SG without hw csumming, for example :-)

It would let us identify such devices by just asking the
user for a statistics dump which gathering debug information.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@xxxxxxxxxx