Re: routable interfaces

To: Gleb Natapov <gleb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: routable interfaces
From: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:23:29 -0500 (EST)
Cc: <kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Gleb Natapov wrote:

> OSPF knows about NBMA, NBMA has one network address and no broadcast
> capability; we face a different
> problem here: we have many network addresses assigned to one network.

It could also be a socket connection over a physical interface
capable of broadcast. What i meant was that they are a similar problem
from a amnagement perspective; in the sense that if you solve the
socket-"interface" abstraction problem then you can use the same technique
for multiples secondary addresses and present them to OSPF as different