Re: Updated zerocopy patches on kernel.org

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Updated zerocopy patches on kernel.org
From: Stephen Frost <sfrost@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:11:16 -0500
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
* David S. Miller (davem@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Now against 2.4.1-pre2:
>
> ftp.kernel.org:/pub/linux/kernel/people/davem/zerocopy-2.4.1p2-1.diff.gz

        Tried it with 2.4.1-pre3, didn't have any problem applying it, but
when I rebooted the system it pretty much had no interest in talking TCP
to anything.  2.4.1-pre3 alone has no problem.  Should I give 2.4.1p2 a try
with the zerocopy patch?  I think that's my next step, but if it isn't
likely to change anything..

        The problem tended to be that a connection could reach the
'ESTABLISHED' point (in netstat), but then very little data would pass over
the connection.  ie; 'telnet somehost 25' would give me the SMTP HELO
statement, but nothing I typed seemed to make it anywhere.  Inbound and
outbound ssh connections would reach 'ESTABLISHED', but then wouldn't make
it to the point of prompting me for a password.  Nothing apparent in any
log files or anything.

        Info attached, more availible upon request.

                Stephen