Re: migrating to lock_sock()

To: eis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Henner Eisen)
Subject: Re: migrating to lock_sock()
From: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:54:20 +0300 (MSK)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

> o.k., thus I need to implement an own function. Would it make sense
> to implement it inside the network core such that other protocols
> that want to migrate to lock_sock() locking can re-use it?

Well, you are the first who needs it. 8)

Probably. Actually, it is not very clear. Stateful protocols
(f.e. TCP) have their own wakeup predicates.

In fact, sock_alloc_send_skb() is typical example of wrong function:
it tries to satisfy everyone (f.e. fallback allocation is used only
by af_unix streams).

Alexey