Re: CONFIG_INET_ECN creates problems

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CONFIG_INET_ECN creates problems
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 19:35:52 -0500
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Peter> I found similar results, though in my case, with ECN turned on, a
    Peter> large number of sites were just sending RSTs straight back when I
    Peter> tried to connect. Turn off ECN and everything works fine. Maybe
    Peter> there should be a note in the config option help about it not
    Peter> working on the Internet at large. I just turned it on because it
    Peter> sounded cool and harmless. ;-)

  It would be good if any experiences with this, in particular, sites
involved could be summarized. Is this a bug in the ECN, or is this due to
buggy remote implementations. The ECN WG, and I think Jamal who implemented
this (?) would want to know about deployment problems.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
        mailto:mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx       mailto:mcr@xxxxxxxxxxx