Re: Gilat2Home

To: Keyshaun <thekernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Gilat2Home
From: "Benjamin C.R. LaHaise" <blah@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 23:40:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Linux Netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Keyshaun wrote:

> Now I have 2 devices left.  One is the PLX PCI9080 network interface.  I
> know nothing of this, but I will be looking for it in the kernel source.
> The last device is unknown.  Vendor ID=14f3, Device ID=2030.

The PLX PCI9080 is a glue chip that bridges PCI to a local bus compatible
with most CPUs (I've worked on cards where it was tied to 68000 series
and i960 processors).  Its PCI ids are programmable and stored on an
EEPROM on the board, the the PLX chip will handle DMA to/from the onboard
memory or devices.  What other chips are on the card?

                -ben