Gilat2Home

To: Linux Netdev <netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Gilat2Home
From: Keyshaun <thekernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:08:33 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I am trying to get the info to write a driver for gilat2home.  I have
only one unidentified device.

The PCI dump I acquired from a system with the network cards in it
returned 3 PCI network device entries,all other entries were from the
sound card or the Intel chipsets Vendor ID 0x8086.  The system has
ethernet onboard so I will disregard the third net interface that claims
to be a 3Com.

Now I have 2 devices left.  One is the PLX PCI9080 network interface.  I
know nothing of this, but I will be looking for it in the kernel source.
The last device is unknown.  Vendor ID=14f3, Device ID=2030.

I need to find out where to find the main registrar of PCI Vendor IDs.  I
can't just go to the company that makes it and ask for info to write a
linux driver.  They are funded by Microsoft.  When I called their US
offices I was told that they are instructed to never give out docs for
writing a Linux driver, hence I need to find the info another way.

Shaun Kruger