Re: Adding of destination options in IPv6

To: Stefan Schlott <stefan.schlott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Adding of destination options in IPv6
From: Lars Henrik Petander <lpetande@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:56:39 +0300 (EET DST)
Cc: kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Stefan Schlott wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > > and receiving; the same thing for forwarding would result in an "always
> > > defragment" option, which would be somewhat "un-ip6-ish" :-)
> > It is anti-ip4-ish with the same success. 8)
> :-)
>
> > My personal opinion is that current mobile IPv6 is one big piece
> > of shit yet. 8)8) Piggibacking such options to data packets
> > introduces no advantages, but lots of troubles.

Mobile IPv6 has its problems, but it is is an improvement to Mobile IPv4.
Also the better mobility support in IPv6 can be lead to earlier adoption
of IPv6. Piggybacking signaling information might not provide any
benefits to operating system designers, but it does provide benefits to
network operators by decreasing the load on their network.

Henrik