Re: Adding of destination options in IPv6

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Adding of destination options in IPv6
From: Stefan Schlott <stefan.schlott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:06:17 +0200
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andi Kleen wrote:

> > Please tell me that I am wrong, but afaik the netfilter hooks only return
> > fragmented packets (nf6 hooks are called after fragmentation when sending,
> > and before defragmentation when receiving a packet).
> Correct, it occurs after fragmentation.
*sigh* which is why Lars (and me, too) had to modify the ipv6 module.
Passing unfragmented packets to nf6 would be really hard to implement
(as far as I understand the code)... but it would be really nice
to have an interface which can modify whole packets when sending
and receiving; the same thing for forwarding would result in an "always
defragment" option, which would be somewhat "un-ip6-ish" :-)