Multicast changes on 2.2.16?

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Multicast changes on 2.2.16?
From: Antonio Di Noto <a.dinoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:58:36 +0200
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear sirs,

I'm working on some multicast applications for an university exam.
There seems to be a change in the way the linux kernel deals with
multicast in multihomed host.
All the software I tested (both mine and third parties') does not work
if the host is multihomed.
The packets seems to go nowhere and are invisible to the command
"tcpdump ip multicast" too. This does not happen with kernel 2.2.5, for
instance.
My question is: is there a change in the kernel multicast code after
version 2.2.5?
If so, how can I get more information?

Thanks in advance,

    Antonio