Tulip and IP aliasing

To: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tulip and IP aliasing
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:11:30 -0400
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
I got a report saying that Tulip was slow when IP aliasing for a large
number of hosts was in effect.  This report was from a guy running a Web
server which binds to a ton of IP aliases in order to do its virtual
hosts.

Talking with jamal on IRC he mentioned that IP aliases matching occurs
through a linear search.

Can someone point me to this code?  I grepped for CONFIG_IP_ALIAS in
2.4.x but that seemed only to encompass very small bits of code, and not
the actual IP matching code I am searching for.

Regards,

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              |
Building 1024            | Free beer tomorrow.