Re: tx_timeout and timer serialisation

To: "David S. Miller" <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: tx_timeout and timer serialisation
From: Donald Becker <becker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 22:54:17 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 20 May 2000, David S. Miller wrote:

>    Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 04:31:33 -0400 (EDT)
>    From: Donald Becker <becker@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>    And if that's acceptable behavior, I have a new version of
>    del_timer() that's very small and fast ;->.
>
> How do you accomplish this and still respect the environment of the
> timer function itself, ie. that the timer is not scheduled and outside
> of self-inflicted locking issues the timer function may add it's timer.

You trimmed a bit much, and missed the ";->".

My comment was that if the timer routine may be run after del_timer() is
called, then del_timer() might as well not do anything.

Donald Becker                           becker@xxxxxxxxx
Scyld Computing Corporation
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210
Annapolis MD 21403